Digital, Customer & Insights - Contract or Temp
Location - Auckland
- 12-month maternity cover role taking complete ownership of the website
- Household name in NZ, with amazing offices and a huge marketing team
- North Shore location with parking and other benefits
This is an exciting role within a business that is big on culture. They are on a continued growth trajectory through both share of market and number of locations. Many New Zealanders have grown up with this brand. They’ve recently got a whole lot more involved in the online space and are looking for an exceptional web/ecommerce manager to step in for 12 months and continue to drive results in that space!
In this role you will completely own the website for one of the biggest retailers in the country… As such, you’ll be pretty busy! You’ll have two direct reports helping you out, and will have solid working relationships with the wider marketing team, the merchandising team, IT team, as well as third party vendors/agencies.
- Conversion & optimisation: Market research, AB testing, reporting & SEO
- Trends & Insights: Monitoring AdWords, keyword strategy and web analytics/reporting
- Channel Management: Manage team workflows, resource assignment, integration of third party applications/software and act as the digital marketing subject matter expert
- Promotional offers: Align the digital channel with the national promotional plan, oversee production of effective internal & external marketing collateral, manage online sales promotions, manage external agency relationships
- Strategy & Planning: Ensure all reach & engagement is fully optimised through the online channel by conducting necessary experiments and interpreting reports to stay on top of the game, as well as defining strategy and communicating that to the wider business
- System Management: Manage all aspects of third party marketing system integrations (Google Analytics, Google Webmaster tools, SEMrush etc). Own all system integration (i.e. Hybris) into the wider marketing team, managing access control, training requirements, briefing documents etc.
Essentially there are three main parts to this role:
- People management: you’ll have two talented, eager direct reports who want to learn from the best; you’ll have a ton of experience but will also love mentoring more junior specialists.
- Development: you’ll be working closely with the IT team in 2-week sprints to ensure the website is functioning as well as it can be, staying on top of everything and ensuring weekly promotions run extremely smoothly
- Marketing: You own the website and therefore have a pretty solid part to play when it comes to digital marketing…
You’ll be a people person, highly skilled and confident in your own ability, but not cocky… You’ll be customer-centric, thrive under pressure and be able to multitask in your sleep. Also:
- eCommerce experience is a must
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience using enterprise level CMS systems, Google Suite, Adobe suite
- Leadership experience (ideally)
- HTML design skills
- Experience working with developers/software engineers
- Relationship & stakeholder management skills is extremely important
If this sounds like your cup of tea then apply! Or reach out if you’d rather have a chat first on:
Caitlin@tribegroup.com / 022 618 8326