Digital & Direct Marketing Manager
Digital, Customer & Insights - Permanent / Full Time
Location - Auckland
- This role includes strategy, innovation, planning and leadership
- Highly visible role inside a complex business going on a journey
- Lead and support a team of 4
About the role
As part of an engaged and talented marketing team, to put it simply, this role is responsible for the direct and digital channels and related marketing activity to deliver to key brand objectives and targets. You will ensure your direct and indirect team are provided with motivating leadership direction, clearly defined roles and responsibilities, opportunity to take ownership (where appropriate) whilst managing upwards, and a behavioural role model fitting the organisational values. More specifically you will:
- Develop strategies and repeatable digital and direct tactics which support short- and long-term brand and retail objectives;
- Deploy connected, relevant personalised experiences / communications for customers, which maximise customer engagement, drive loyalty and a competitive advantage for the brand;
- Develop strategies and repeatable digital and direct tactics which support short- and long-term brand and retail objectives
- Work with other major stakeholders and agencies to define and deliver an integrated creative and digital media process with a key focus on keeping the work fresh, innovative, and top of mind for customers.
- Champion digital first thinking where appropriate to enhance banner and brand experiences.
- Work with Head of Digital Experience to ensure that a robust and balanced innovation digital pipeline exists at each moment of truth;
- Work with Head of Content to support the rapid shift to digital content and the creation, leverage and easy access/execution of visual assets.
- Set KPIs and report back on the performance and investment return on digital and direct marketing activities.
You will have a successful track record in digital and/or direct marketing and communications within the FMCG and/or retail landscape. We are looking for a strong leader, who is passionate and knowledgeable about retail and FMCG who has a demonstrated understanding of communications and design disciplines around omnichannel marketing including digital commerce, digital and direct communications. You will have previous experience developing strategic plans and a demonstrable record of successful implementation.
It is also important that you have experience leading within a mature e-Commerce environment and are a charismatic leader, with a passion for thinking about the customer at the start of every piece work.
About the company
This is one of New Zealand’s largest and most significant retail players. They are actively evolving and investing in their customer relationships through online channels, with the aim being to engage with customers when and how they (the customers!) choose.
Or to find out more, please get in touch with Caitlin on 022 618 8326 for a confidential chat.