Tribe has a strong commitment to the journey of biculturalism and multiculturalism in approach to search and recruitment and with the capability to lead appropriate placements with tikanga acumen in Maori and Pacifika organisations. This is also guided by our Partner Stace Morrison.
David Hammond (MBA, M.Sc., MinstD) is Executive Search Lead for Tribe who has recently undertaken strategic reviews of company, staffing and Board governance as well as the appointments of staff and Independent Board members on Maori organisations including:
- National Hauora Coalition: Working with Dame Tariana and her Trust of Cindy Kiro and Wayne McLean to review and restructure both governance and staffing of National Hauora Coalition to position NHC for the Maori Hauora Authority.
- Ngapuhi: Worked with the Panel of Te Rau Allen, Nicole Anderson, Mere Mangu on the appointment of the Ngapuhi Chief Executive.
- Waitangi Ltd.: Worked with the Board to place Independent Directors onto Waitangi Ltd.
- Infrastructure CCO: Reviewed the entire organisation of a council infrastructure CCO on behalf of the Board and results accepted by the Board and Council shareholder
- Hauora Hokianga: Worked with the Trust to place a returning Maori professional into the Chief Executive role
- Mahitahi Hauora: Reviewed governance and developed succession plan, appointed Chief Executive and Independent Chair in Te Kaupapa Mahitahi Hauora – Papa O Te Raki Trust
- Ngāti Whātua: Placed Independent Chair and Directors in Ngāti Whātua Ōrakei Whai Maia Ltd. and Audit Committee
- Ngati Rangi: Worked with the Board to place the Chief Executive of Ngati Rangi.
- St John: Led the development of the national Community Health Services Strategic Plan and the national Social Isolation Strategy. David also placed the Independent Board Members, Board Chair and Deputy Chair as well as ELT staff.
- Northland DHB: Placed the GM Maori, as well as a Maori professional to the Chief Nursing & Midwifery role
David led the national award-winning Te Kahui Tupua project, including 12 Iwi in partnership in the Central North Island which was signed off by then Prime Minister, Helen Clark, and Jim Anderton. The development of Māori tourism businesses and the accreditation of the programme by kaumatua were integral to its success.
David became Trust Chair of the Ruapehu – Rangitikei – Wanganui Regional Economic Development Trust with Iwi in co-governance on the Trust, working alongside Soraya Peke-Mason (Ngati Rangi) and John Maihi (Whanganui River Māori Trust Board).
David has understanding of te ao Māori having studied at Te Wananga o Aotearoa in Taumarunui, and also spend 10 years as a Chief Executive over three New Zealand councils including Ruapehu District where he and his Mayor, Sue Morris, sat through many of the Wai Hearings on the Whanganui River claim. He has also been a Director on several Boards and has a high degree of political and commercial acumen.
To find out more about how our Executive Search services can contribute to the success of your organisation, contact David Hammond on 027 444 6368 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.