Added 28 September 2020
About the Role:
A great opportunity for experienced buyer to join a well-known global business and work with the team to support the overall purchasing function and assist with the buying requirements, as well as realization of opportunities and efficiencies in relation to inventory rationalization, cost reduction and other savings initiatives.
- Manage purchasing initiatives in line with profit and overall business objectives.
- Establish standards, procedures, and policies.
- Evaluate and implement systems and tools that will improve the efficiency of the purchasing organization with focus on raw material and indirect spend.
- Establish and manage all raw material and indirect purchasing activity to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, order placement performance and financial metrics, streamlining vendor management processes and eliminating product, supplies and services shortages.
- Plan and align all purchases consistent with the quantities set out by the budgetary and forecasting exercises to support business needs.
You will probably come from a manufacturing background with a few years proven experience in procurement/purchasing roles and have a good understanding of the process and the wider supply chain.
- Relevant qualification and evidence of Supply Chain Management or Procurement training
- CIPS or APICS certification would be an advantage
- Experience using ERP systems in a fully integrated environment, including a working knowledge of MRP and DRP processes.
- A solid understanding and experience of S&OP
- Excellent negotiation and networking skills
- Team player
A full position description is available.
About the Company:
This is a NZ household named, market leading business with a global reach. Forming part of an international business with over 16,000 employees worldwide, they are a business that seeks to challenge the status quo across several sectors and offer global career growth also. With great progression, they are a business where the employees are at the heart of the organization with great tenure amongst employees.
This is truly a business where you can make a difference, with a close-knit team who bounce off one another they provide an environment where individuals can excel their careers to another level.
Here at Tribe, we are currently experiencing an incredibly high volume of applications and it may take us longer than usual to get back to you. It’s outside our normal service levels and we’re sorry for that.
In order for us to focus on servicing candidates and clients to the highest possible standards, we encourage all expressions of interest to be made via this advert. This will ensure your information reaches the correct consultant in a timely manner and we will respond to you as quickly as possible. Thanks so much for your patience during this time.
Daniel Percival 027 4030801
To apply for this vacancy you MUST be a New Zealand citizen, resident, or have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and therefore hold a valid visa.
Something went wrong, please try again later, or apply by contacting Knowledge@tribegroup.com