Added 12 January 2021
Territory Account Manager - Building & Plumbing
About the Company:
- This is a NZ household named, market leading business with a global reach. Forming part of an international business with over 16,000 employees worldwide, they are a business that seeks to challenge the status quo across several sectors and offer global career growth also. With great progression, they are a business where the employees are at the heart of the organization with great tenure amongst employees.
- This is truly a business where you can make a difference, with a close-knit team who bounce off one another they provide an environment where individuals can excel their careers to another level.
- The business has a very strong reputation in market and in this roles particular sector a fantastic client base. The values of this business are about doing the right thing by their staff and their customers – it’s a great place to work.
About the Role:
- Reporting into the experienced General Manager Sales with the support of the wider team, this is a fantastic account management and hunting role in a successful global business, this role specifically within the New Zealand plumbing and building sector with a skew towards nurturing existing relationships. This role can be based in Hamilton ,BOP or even Auckland – it manages the Auckland, Waikato, Coromandel, BOP and Gisbourne regions with travel as you’d expect. It involves setting up a call cycle with the ability to adapt (and multitask) to the immediate needs of customers as well.
- This role is the face of the business, proposing quality well known products to a range of plumbing and building merchants and ensuring these quality products are top of mind in order to drive sales. Tasked to create, build and maintain existing relationships, this role also requires some technical skills, so the ability to think on your feet and understand the technical aspects of the products is required, while being supported by your team. Having the right attitude and genuine interest in clients will bode well with both customers and the internal teams in this role.
- The role includes conducting product presentations and training including sales promotions and sales administration (e.g. pricing, matching rates etc) – this role is am enthusiastic subject matter expert when talking to customers.
- Key to this role is the creation, development and maintenance of long-term relationships with new and existing customers, so keeping up to date with their businesses and ensuring this company’s products are a preferred supplier status. A relationship builder/hunter is required!
- This role therefore requires excellent communication skills and a positive attitude in order to credibly engage and talk with customers.
- It is essential this person has excellent project management skills to plan the territory call cycles and the ability to provide excellent service/follow up as well.
- You will have proven relationship management, sales and business development experience, ideally in the NZ plumbing market and/or a good technical understanding of products. A genuine interest in this sector and a great mindset works also!
- You will be natural at building and maintaining strong relationships with customers. At the same time you will be being able to plan and spot opportunities. You will therefore be comfortable talking to a diverse range of customers. You will enjoy BD and the chase as well.
- Attitude is key!! Authentic, genuine relationship builders will do well in this role. Self-starters who are comfortable working autonomously as well as being part of an awesome and supportive team.
- You will be highly organised in your approach and very comfortable with account plans, using Excel and sales templates – a structured approach is essential to succeed in this role.
- Based in Auckland this role requires travel from North Auckland to Northland, so as you’d expect so this will need to suit your lifestyle.
Sound like you? Apply Now!
Suzie Gates 0221599311
We are currently experiencing an incredibly high volume of applications and it may take us longer than usual to get back to you. It’s outside our normal service levels and we apologise. For us to focus on servicing candidates and clients to the highest possible standards, we encourage all expressions of interest to be made via this advert. This will ensure your information reaches the correct consultant promptly and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.
To apply for this vacancy you MUST be a New Zealand citizen, resident, or have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and therefore hold a valid visa.
At Tribe we have our guiding light to show us the way. We bring our whole selves to work. We encourage inclusion in every single interaction. We genuinely care about people, and are curious about their stories. We celebrate all points of view. We will help you find your tribe, the same way we have. We’re all on a journey together so come along…
Something went wrong, please try again later, or apply by contacting Knowledge@tribegroup.com