Added 8 April 2021
New Product Development Lead
About the Company:
Dunedin based and NZX-listed, BLIS Technologies Limited is a biotechnology company that manufactures and markets a suite of probiotics for ENT health, immunity, dental health and skin health. They are the developers of the world’s first advanced oral probiotics.
They currently have three sites in Dunedin - office, laboratory, and manufacturing plant. BLIS Technologies have seen great success building on the momentum of recent years to deliver on its financial objective of sustained profitable growth.
With their eyes firmly set on accelerating growth this financial year, they also have new international growth opportunities including Canada, Australia, USA and China cross border e-commerce.
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the NPD process of a category to ensure the development of market ready finished products, semi-finished products and contract manufactured formats in line with strategic objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ownership of efficient and effective NPD process, including innovation across existing portfolio
- Lead and manage NPD function and specific projects to provide BLIS with a pipeline of commercial launches
- Work closely with R&D internally partners to determine best candidates for market driven innovation/product development
- Work with marketing and finance to analyse market potential for possible innovation/line extensions
- Leadership of prototype development with R&D and manufacturing team
- Support ingredient and packaging sourcing for NPD initiatives
- Project manage contract manufacturing relationships to ensure compliance and regulatory standards are met
- Cross-functional leadership of continuous improvement projects
- Business case development for innovation and assisting with launch plans where necessary
You will likely have 3+ years of prior experience working in an NPD function, preferably within dietary supplements or food and beverage.
Ideally you will have had exposure to customer driven innovation and product development balanced with science led innovation. Also, you will have experience creating solid business plans for new product development including process/product improvement.
You’ll enjoy working within small cross functional teams, a self starter, a creative thinker and someone genuinely interested in health/wellbeing/science.
If you’ve been looking for an opportunity to stamp your mark within an exciting industry and a company poised for huge growth, this could just be the role you’ve been waiting for!
To find out more, please get in touch with Chelsi Clifton on 021996927 for a confidential chat.
We are currently experiencing an incredibly high volume of applications and it may take us longer than usual to get back to you. It’s outside our normal service levels and we apologise. For us to focus on servicing candidates and clients to the highest possible standards, we encourage all expressions of interest to be made via this advert. This will ensure your information reaches the correct consultant promptly and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.
To apply for this vacancy you MUST be a New Zealand citizen, resident, or have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and therefore hold a valid visa.
At Tribe we have our guiding light to show us the way. We bring our whole selves to work. We encourage inclusion in every single interaction. We genuinely care about people, and are curious about their stories. We celebrate all points of view. We will help you find your tribe, the same way we have. We’re all on a journey together so come along…
Something went wrong, please try again later, or apply by contacting Knowledge@tribegroup.com