Added 11 June 2021
Communications Advisor - Contract
About the Company:
With over 250 employees and around 6,000 volunteers, Blind Low Vision NZ is New Zealand’s leading provider of services and support to people who are blind, deafblind or have low vision. They are one of New Zealand’s most trusted and iconic Not for Profit organisations.
Now more than ever, the opportunities are here to make a real difference for people with sight loss, and you’ll help achieve our vison of empowering New Zealanders who are blind, deafblind or low vision, to live the life they choose. As well as supporting individuals, they seek to make big-picture change by advocating for inclusive communities and for optimal eye care services for all New Zealanders.
They have a rich history stretching back to 1890 and as they continue to connect people with sight loss to expert staff and their peers, they also continue to be one of New Zealand's most trusted and iconic not for profit organisations.
About the Role:
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing and Communications, and alongside the wider organisation, to produce compelling internal communications as they move in a new strategic direction!
- You will take the lead on brand storytelling, ensuring all content is engaging and resonates with the business and the community through internal channels, brochures, reports, newsletters, digital communications and external publications from time to time.
- Identify opportunities in the community or with media that will propel them forwards as thought leaders with the blindness community.
- You will have experience in working with a marketing or communications team, in particular internal communications, and be able to develop and implement integrated communication strategies.
- You will be creative, have excellent copywriting and communication skills and thrive in a collaborative working environment.
- Digital skills are a plus – CMS skills, SEO, social media and online tools such as web analytics.
- You will have excellent stakeholder management skills and attention to detail.
- Most importantly, you will want to help the community and really make a difference. You will be sensitive to the needs of Blind Low Vision NZ issues and have a desire to develop more of an understanding of these needs.
To find out more, please get in touch with Rachael Morgan on email@example.com for a confidential chat.
We are currently experiencing an incredibly high volume of applications and it may take us longer than usual to get back to you. It’s outside our normal service levels and we apologise. For us to focus on servicing candidates and clients to the highest possible standards, we encourage all expressions of interest to be made via this advert. This will ensure your information reaches the correct consultant promptly and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.
To apply for this vacancy you MUST be a New Zealand citizen, resident, or have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and therefore hold a valid visa.
At Tribe we have our guiding light to show us the way. We bring our whole selves to work. We encourage inclusion in every single interaction. We genuinely care about people, and are curious about their stories. We celebrate all points of view. We will help you find your tribe, the same way we have. We’re all on a journey together so come along…
Something went wrong, please try again later, or apply by contacting Knowledge@tribegroup.com