Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who we are and what we do
We are a recruitment business. We collect the personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business;
- Prospective and placed candidates for permanent, contract or temporary roles;
- Prospective and existing client contacts;
- Supplier contacts to support our services; and
- Tribe employees, consultants, temporary workers
We collect information about you to carry out our core business and ancillary activities.
Information you give to us or we collect about you
Personal Information is obtained in various ways including interviews, correspondence, by telephone, by email, via one of our websites, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources and third parties. We don’t guarantee website links of policy of authorised third parties. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, to enter our database, subscribe to our services, attend our events, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions.
The information you give us or we collect about you may include your name, address, private and corporate email address and phone number(s), financial information, relevant background checks, compliance documentation and references verifying your qualifications and experience, identification and your right to work in New Zealand, curriculum vitae, links to professional profiles available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, business Facebook or corporate website or online CV libraries or personal recommendations and via organisations that supply pre-employment vetting services such as educational checks, criminal and credit checks and other probity assessments.
If you do not provide us with all the information we require we may be limited in our ability to advance your application for employment and our ability to put you forward for opportunities with our clients.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we intend to enter into or have entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, opportunities, products and services that you request from us or we think will be of interest to you because it is relevant to your career or to your organisation.
To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already been provided with or enquired about. The core service we offer to our candidates and clients is the introduction of candidates to our clients for the purpose of temporary, contract or permanent engagement. However, our service expands to supporting individuals throughout their career and to supporting businesses’ resourcing needs and strategies. Our legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate interests, described in more detail below, although we will also rely on contractual obligations to which you are subject, legal obligations and consent for specific uses of data.
How your personal information will be used
Any information supplied may be available to Tribe Group's own personnel and agents who are involved in the employment application process. Selected third parties include :
- Clients for the purpose of introducing candidates to them;
- Candidates for the purpose of arranging interviews and engagements;
- Clients, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance and compliance obligations of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Sub-contractors including marketing specialists, event organisers, payment and other financial services providers;
- Credit reference agencies, our insurance broker, compliance partners and other sub-contractors for the purpose of assessing your suitability for a role where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
The lawful basis for the third party processing your data may include:
- Their own legitimate interests in processing your personal data, in most cases to fulfil their internal resourcing needs;
- Satisfaction of their contractual obligations to us as our data processor;
- For the purpose of a contract in place or in contemplation;
- To fulfil their legal obligations.
We may use your Personal Information to send you direct marketing communications or marketing materials regarding our products, services, event or social campaigns, including job vacancies. You may opt out of receiving such marketing communications by emailing email@example.com.
Where we store and process your personal data
Tribe Group's infrastructure: database (ATS) is multitenant cloud architecture and is comprised of databases, file servers, web servers, and application servers. It is housed in Australia in highly secure hosting facilities to ensure availability, security, and performance. Widely used in cloud computing and SaaS, multitenant architecture consolidates a business application and its associated services into one software instance.
Your data may be transferred to third parties outside of Tribe Group for the purpose of our recruitment services. It may also be processed by staff operating outside of Tribe Group who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, our recruitment services and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this processing. We will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access any documentation or system, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Information will not be provided to any other parties without your permission, except as required by law. Tribe Group will use all reasonable safeguards to protect your information against loss or misuse, or disclosure in any way other than for the express purpose of assisting you with your employment application. Whilst Tribe Group will from time to time provide links to other websites, we do not take responsibility for the privacy practices of these sites.
Retention of your data
We understand our legal duty to retain accurate data and only retain personal data for as long as we legitimately need it for.
We do the following to try to ensure that the data we hold on you is accurate:
- Prior to making any introduction about you to clients, we check that we have accurate information about you;
- We try to keep in touch with you so you can let us know of changes to your personal data.
- If we have no contact with you for 5-7 years (depending on your history with us) your data is permanently deleted.
We may store and handle your data in the following ways:
- We may archive part or all of your personal data, retain it on our financial systems only or delete all or part of the data from our main Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- We may pseudonymise parts of your data, particularly following a request for restriction or erasure of your data, to ensure that we do not re-enter your personal data on to our database, unless requested to do so. For your information, Pseudonymised Data is created by taking identifying fields within a database and replacing them with artificial identifiers, or pseudonyms.
Spam/False representation of Tribe
If you have been contacted by a fake account posing as a Tribe employee, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a Spam process in place to guide you and report it to the appropriate organisations. Tribe is not responsible for issues that have been caused/you have been affected by accounts/people posing as Tribe employees or Tribe Group as a business.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for marketing purposes. We will collect express consent from you, if legally required, prior to using your personal data for marketing purposes.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to your personal information
We invite you to update any information supplied at any time by calling us on +64 9 557 1385, or emailing us on email@example.com
You have the right to:
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to retain it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
A subject access request should be submitted to the relevant Data Protection Officer (as listed above). No fee will apply unless the requests from a data subject are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character. In such circumstances, we may charge a fee, ask that you amend your request or refuse to act on the request.
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on our website and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been collected, stored or processed you should raise your request with our Data Controller on the email address above. If we are unable to resolve any issues, then you can also contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for further help.