Added 24 September 2020
About the Role:
- Reporting into the Category Development & Sales Operations Manager for New Zealand, this Territory Manager will be accountable for the Northern grocery region covering the North Shore to Kaitaia. This is a big value, high performing part of the business and is all about building high trust internally and externally using strong relationship and analytical skills.
- A large focus of the role is to drive profitable sales by further developing and nurturing relationships with personnel within Foodstuffs and Countdown stores. A key task of the role includes maximizing speed to market of new products and distribution of an existing portfolio of premium products. There are several large key accounts within the region and you will be the face for business at store level in this crucial territory. This is a chance to join a business that has massive scope and potential moving forward into 2020 and beyond.
- Based in Auckland with a fortnightly call cycle with 2 nights away in that week, this role works alongside 2 Business Managers, 8 other Territory Managers, a part-time sales merchandiser PLUS manages 7 part-time merchandisers so you can really hone and develop your leadership skills.
- Basically, we are looking for a bright, driven, experienced individual who can demonstrate an ability to build collaborative relationships and is ambitious and hungry to do well. It's all about attitude, drive and focus so if you can demonstrate those traits then we should be talking.
- So, what do we need from you? You must have strong Grocery experience and preferably you have developed high trust relationships with Foodstuffs or Woolworths NZ stores. You must be results focused, have got to be savvy, commercial and intellectually agile, have a great team attitude, be composed and customer focused. Naturally you will be analytical/good with numbers and have an ability to translate data into actionable insights. Your time management skills will be one of your strengths - being organised, a self-starter and unflappable will be obvious!
- Ideally, you will have FMCG Territory Management experience in the grocery sector. You will be very driven, know how to present analytical market data and negotiate with buyers at Foodstuffs as well as understanding what is needed in Woolworths NZ stores. If you don’t have FMCG experience, you will have proven experience within a sales or Account Manager role with a great track record. Outside of the required experience, you will need to have a positive attitude, with an entrepreneurial mindset, natural relationship building skills and a hunger to achieve outstanding results. You won’t stray away from speaking up and will bring solutions for issues and have a strong sense of resilience.
About the Company:
- You will know the business and their brands because they will be a part of your everyday life. They are a medium sized FMCG company focused on their people, customers, consumers, communities and the environment.
- This role has amazing training and development program where you can develop your personal skills in terms of leadership, people management, managing territories and upskilling sales skills to name a few.
- The role comes with a very competitive package including base salary, car, phone, tablet and bonus incentives
Here at Tribe, we are currently experiencing an incredibly high volume of applications and it may take us longer than usual to get back to you. It’s outside our normal service levels and we’re sorry for that.
In order for us to focus on servicing candidates and clients to the highest possible standards, we encourage all expressions of interest to be made via this advert. This will ensure your information reaches the correct consultant in a timely manner and we will respond to you as quickly as possible. Thanks so much for your patience during this time.
Suzie Gates 0221599311
To apply for this vacancy you MUST be a New Zealand citizen, resident, or have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and therefore hold a valid visa.
Something went wrong, please try again later, or apply by contacting Knowledge@tribegroup.com