About the Company:
We have an agile environment, with a focus on collaboration.
We offer flexible working and aim to look after our people. We understand you have commitments outside of work – which could be picking up the kids from school, having a run during the day or just making sure you get to surf a great offshore before work.
We are a down-to-earth, open culture that values diversity & inclusivity – and encourage our people to bring their authentic selves to work. In our last survey 78% of employees felt that we had an inclusive environment.
Based in six countries we have over 32 different nationalities, and we celebrate our cultural differences with cultural lunches and celebrations.
You can bring your dog into the office – or if you don’t have a dog can enjoy our canine visitors that day.
We uniquely builds highly complex end-to-end payment solutions. We have teams based in New Zealand, Malaysia, and North America – focused on creating new and revolutionary products. We have all tech stacks including hardware, embedded applications, software & cloud. Our values of winning, collaboration & innovation are core to our culture – and we focus on continuing to build a positive environment. There has never been a better time to join us.
Next Steps: Interested? We would love to hear from you – please click the link to the application page and apply today. We welcome international candidates to apply and relocate to NZ.
About the Role:
Provide subject matter expertise for technical challenges and solutions
- Lead and motivate a team of great developers, creating a productive environment whilst building strong relationships whilst retaining customer and market focus
- Helping recruit and retain engineers to create a talent dense, high performing engineering team
- Inspiring, motivating and coaching to enable the continuous development of individuals within your team Working with your peers in Product and your team, assist in the development roadmaps and plans which effectively and efficiently deliver business outcomes
- Support each member of your team to identify, grow and develop engineering capabilities and overall personal development, working with them to understand career growth opportunities
- To oversee the architecture and design of high quality, maintainable cloud software products. Work with internal teams (particularly product management) and customers to define the products. Work with project teams and lead by building and maintaining software solutions with a commitment to delivering quality solutions on time that meet or exceed the needs of our internal and external customers.
- Participate in Software development, testing, release, and quality review
To find out more, please get in touch with Linda Thomson on 0272253644 for a confidential chat.
To apply for this vacancy you MUST be a New Zealand citizen, resident, or have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and therefore hold a valid visa.
At the appropriate stage we will request your references, we ask that you do not include them on your CV when applying.
At Tribe we have our guiding light to show us the way. We bring our whole selves to work. We encourage inclusion in every single interaction. We genuinely care about people and are curious about their stories. We celebrate all points of view. We will help you find your tribe, the same way we have. We’re all on a journey together so come along…
- • Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent practical experience at a senior level.
- Expertise in high performance, high-availability, secure OLTP architectures.
- Demonstrable experience of architecting easy to use, feature-rich web applications.
- Proven experience to expert level with cloud architecture and technical design.
- 10+ years software development experience, ideally 1+ years’ experience in the specific product domain.
- 3+ years’ experience managing a team of talented technical professionals.
- Worked in environment with tight timescales and hard deliverables – proven experience in understanding the importance of mission critical and delivering on time.
- Experience in development and delivery of complex software products, with a clear understanding of SDLC.
- Ability to allocate resources to ensure structure is set for quality.
- Customer focused on delivering results – experience working directly with customers.
- Transactional processing experience.
- Proven experience in identifying and highlighting issues or unrealistic expectations in a timely fashion with solution options.
- Demonstrated success in developing commercially viable software products using modern development technologies.
- Commercial nous: can understand cost implications of decisions, can weigh up a variety of options with consideration for both short and long-term implications.
- Experience engaging, motivating, and managing a team of developers / technical team.
- Node.js using Restify
- C# \ .Net Core