This is a full-time contract working largely across our Enterprise customers, this position provides technical expertise to implement and support server and storage infrastructure – on premise or in the cloud.
What you'll do for us
- Installing and maintaining the operation system on relevant platforms, managing upgrades of the operation system software and managing patches to the operating system.
- Technical fault analysis, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Being the interface between vendors and the customer regarding support for resolution of infrastructure problems.
- Supporting solutions, including new or enhanced systems, technology or infrastructure.
- Using monitoring tools to ensure measure and investigate systems
- Ensuring that backups are run and verified regularly.
- Ensuring all relevant documentation is reviewed on a regular basis and updated as and when required.
- Creating technical documentation e.g. ‘as built’.
- Performing capacity analysis on existing systems and identifying constraint.
- Take responsibility for effective use of available hours and achieve targeted proportion of chargeable/productive hours.
- Keep full and accurate information in internal time recording systems with respect to hours worked and description of work completed.
- This position may require the incumbent to travel from time to time in the course of duties.
- Installation or reconfiguration of desktop and peripheral products within agreed timeframes.
- Assist with the installation and implementation of simple IT infrastructure projects.
However, soft-skills and a willingness to learn are more important.
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW or get in touch with Janelle Miranda on 027 920 7436 for a confidential chat.
To apply for this vacancy you MUST be a New Zealand citizen, resident, or have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and therefore hold a valid visa.
At the appropriate stage we will request your references, we ask that you do not include them on your CV when applying.
At Tribe we have our guiding light to show us the way. We bring our whole selves to work. We encourage inclusion in every single interaction. We genuinely care about people and are curious about their stories. We celebrate all points of view. We will help you find your tribe, the same way we have. We’re all on a journey together so come along…
- Previous experience in a field support position.
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in the diagnosis and repair of desktop hardware products
- Detailed knowledge of PC architecture at hardware and operating system level
- Expert knowledge of desktop application software products (particularly Microsoft)
- Strong understanding of local area networking concepts, principles and protocols from a desktop perspective
- Experience in the repair of printer technologies
- Some LAN administration experience preferred
- A critical thinker who can demonstrate problem solving and decision-making skills and articulate the process used
- Proficiency across:
- core Microsoft technologies (AD, Printing, DHCP, DNS)
- Application delivery e.g. RDS and Citrix
- Data protection, backup and recovery
- Core Application e.g. MS Outlook, and Office
- Previous involvement in infrastructure projects.
- A sound understanding of the connectivity between desktop, server and network hardware, as well as functioning across a distributed environment.
- A sound understanding of:
- Relevant server operating systems
- Development and deployment for server management.
- Back-up/ restore systems management
- Experience in managing server infrastructure in a complex information technology environment
- Very good understanding of network equipment is desirable
- An ability to get a good understanding of a business, its people, objectives, systems and processes