Added 5 May 2021
About the Company:
Tribes' client is a renowned distributor (and more) of fine wine, craft beer mineral waters and other speciality products across New Zealand Australia.
About the Role:
Working within a small finance team your role will be to support across the entire function.
• Follow-up of outstanding Debtor (directly and through the sales team)
• Input, balance and delivery of daily banking – EFT’s, cheques, etc
• Reconciliation of debtors accounts
• Production and mail out of monthly statements
• Follow EOM procedures
• Receive, sort and check all invoices and attend to queries and/or credits due before forwarding to manager for authorisation
• Check invoices against purchase orders
• Assist with general administrative tasks
• Assist in the production of financial statements and applications, preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required
• Resolution of finance related queries
• Assist with end of year preparation and procedures
• Complete routine calls following up payments with late customers; striking the right balance of compassion and firmness
• Conduct credit checks on new customers and assist new customers complete application forms
• Provide support to Office Manager from time to time as required
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience in working within a finance related position and have a full understanding of accounting principals. Ideally you will be familiar with working on NAV or have worked across and be competent in other ERP systems. A high degree of accuracy will just be the norm for you, along with the ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines. Excel will be your friend.
You will be a confident and effective communicator and comfortable to flex across tasks within the team as required. A can do mindset, a proactive approach to your work and the ability to problem solve (often on your feet) is essential!
To find out more, please get in touch with Cathi Thomson.
We are currently experiencing an incredibly high volume of applications and it may take us longer than usual to get back to you. It’s outside our normal service levels and we apologise. For us to focus on servicing candidates and clients to the highest possible standards, we encourage all expressions of interest to be made via this advert. This will ensure your information reaches the correct consultant promptly and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.
To apply for this vacancy you MUST be a New Zealand citizen, resident, or have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and therefore hold a valid visa.
At Tribe we have our guiding light to show us the way. We bring our whole selves to work. We encourage inclusion in every single interaction. We genuinely care about people, and are curious about their stories. We celebrate all points of view. We will help you find your tribe, the same way we have. We’re all on a journey together so come along…
Something went wrong, please try again later, or apply by contacting Knowledge@tribegroup.com